Labels

canal (6) heroines (22) memoir (12) poems (3) time to go (2) walking (22)

This Blog's Focus, or lack there of

Edith Wharton said "There are two ways of spreading light ...To be the candle, or the mirror that reflects it." That's what this blog is about, how the light of other people and the world around me have reflected off and in me. . .or other things when I need to write about other things, like walking, lizards, or fruit. There will be pictures of plants. All pictures are taken by me, unless noted.

I say what's on my mind, when it's there, and try to only upload posts that won't hurt or offend readers. However, readers may feel hurt or offended despite my good intentions. Blog-reading is a matter of free choice, that's what I have come to love about it, so if you are not pleased, surf on and/or leave a comment. I welcome any and all kind-hearted commentary.

It's 2012 and my current obsessions are writing and walking, sometimes at the same time. And books. I'm increasingly fascinated by how ebooks are transforming the physical book, forcing it to do more than provide printed words on a page.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

What a Difference 185 Days Make

Sometimes when I walk, I get thoughts I think are worth remembering, so I type them into my notes app on my phone. This way I can e-mail them to myself for use later, if I still think they are worth remembering. For example on July 3, 2010, while walking on the canal, I wrote this:

"Late afternoon winds pickkingg up like a river rushing through the tall trees efood along the canal citrus fig pomegrAnit fish canal muddy with new flow watering time summer dove coos walking into the sun glare hand up to psee edibles mesquite beNs it's raining pine needles in the strong desert wind the canal is cat jumpable a long hair turtle coated cat jumped in front of me dates too I solve prnlems while walking like how aunt and uncle can get neighbor not to look in back yard take up nude gardening"

Then on Jan 4 2011, strolling down the same canal:
"185 days later winter I can see more through the naked trees
Cold air no wind to stir up dust"

So, observations: I like trees and nakedness, regardless of the season. And wind, but not dust. I write more with warm fingers, but still can't type well on a phone.


I also caught this shot as a train passed by on my way back home. I like the idea of a graffiti poet.


No comments: